Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies

          I learned a valuable lesson yesterday: Always be sure to double check the recipe before you start baking. Everything was going great while I was mixing together my ingredients for my Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies, that is, until I got to the part where I needed to add the pumpkin puree. For some odd reason, I had it in my brain that the recipe called for a CAN of pumpkin puree. Well, sadly, I was mistaken. The recipe actually called for 2 TBS of pumpkin puree….just a teensy tiny difference right? The result was super moist, not crispy cookies that actually taste pretty good, despite my goof-up.
         You can find the original recipe here…obviously I changed it quite a bit…
·         Yumminess---6---I wish I had read the recipe, because I like my cookies to be crispy. The flavor is perfect though. I just have a texture issue with this batch.
·         Easiness---10---Really easy recipe..haha…unles you are me, of course.
·         Repeat---8---I will most likely make these again to redeem myself and make them the correct way.
I think I am getting good at taking these pictures :)
INGREDIENTS
·         1 ½ Cup flour
·         ¼ tsp baking soda
·         2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
·         1/8 tsp salt
·         ½ cup granulated sugar
·         ½ cup brown sugar
·         2 TBS butter, melted
·         2 egg whites
·         1 can pumpkin puree (or 2 TBS if you want to do it correctly. If you do only 2 TBS, only use 1  cup flour)
·         1 tsp vanilla extract
·         ½ cup white chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
·         Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking liners or lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
·         In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice; stir to blend. In another bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, pumpkin puree and vanilla together until light and fluffy
·         Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out
·         Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.
·         Bake 10-14 (if you make it with 1 can pumpkin puree, otherwise bake 8-10 minutes) minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment