Monday, September 10, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

          Now, I am no Oreo fanatic like my boyfriend, but I do appreciate the cookie every once in a while. However, I AM a cheesecake fanatic. I think you see where I am going with this…Oreo Cheesecake Cookies.
          I have been sliding into a deep, dark depression with the lack of a working oven (the new one arrives Tuesday, thank God!), so I was lucky enough to borrow my boyfriend’s dad’s kitchen the other night to make this one-of-a-kind, mouthwatering treat. You will be absolutely amazed at how chewy and perfect these are. Just give them a try! I found the original recipe here, but I changed it quite a bit.
·         Easiness---8---Really simple to make, but it can get messy.
·         Yumminess---10---WOW! These are fantastic. Even with the vanilla missing (we were all out). I also really like that they don’t call for egg, because that means I can eat the cookie dough raw J
·         Repeat---10---I plan to add these to our Christmas Cookie Baking Day list. They were a HUGE hit!


OREO CHEESECAKE COOKIES
Yield: About 1 dozen cookies

INGREDIENTS
·         ½ Cup Butter
·         4oz Cream Cheese (I think you could use 1/3 Less Fat or Fat Free, but I used Regular)
·         1 cup Granulated Sugar
·         1 cup All-Purpose Flour
·         1 tsp Vanilla Extract
·         ½ cup White Chocolate Chips (could use regular chocolate instead)
·         1 cup Oreo Cookie Crumbs (I used 1 ½ rows of the cookies from the package)
DIRECTIONS
·         Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
·         Slightly melt/soften butter and cream cheese. Cream together in a mixing bowl until smooth.
·         Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well-combined.
·         Add the flour and mix on low until flour is mixed in.
·         Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
·         Mash the Oreo Cookies in a bowl. I did this by using a butter knife.
·         Scoop the cookies into about 1 ½” balls and roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
·         Cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment