Monday, September 17, 2012

Cherry Graham Cracker Delight

          The love of dessert runs deep in my family’s veins, apparently. My younger brother, Kyler, has claimed this latest dessert as his own. It is something he came up with when he was pretty little with our grandma. Ever since then, we have considered it “his dessert”. I must say, for how simple it is, it is quite a yummy treat!
          When I asked him what I could call it, he came up with “Cherry Graham Cracker Delight”, and that is exactly what it is. It is such a delight to know that I am not the only person that enjoys tasty food.  And it is a delight that he enjoys food and he is only 13. To get an idea of who I am talking about, here is a recent family picture taken at my graduation.
 
          Kyler is second from the left (yes, I know…quite tall and manly looking for a 13 year old), Derek is all the way to the left and is 16, Cameron is next to me, and Karissa is in the pink dress and is 19. And of course, the other two are mom and dad. I figure this is a good chance to introduce you to the rest of the family since I will probably mention them often.

As for the recipe, here it is!
 
·         Easiness---10---Doesn’t get much easier than this! No baking required!
·         Yumminess---8---If I were to change anything, I would make it with Cheesecake flavored pudding.
·         Repeat---10---We make this dessert quite a bit at our house!
INGREDIENTS
·         ¾ Box Graham Crackers
·         1 Can Cherries
·         2 Boxes instant vanilla pudding (and the milk that the directions call for)
·         1 Tub Whipped Cream
DIRECTIONS
·         Make the Vanilla pudding according to package directions and let sit and cool.
·         In a 9x13 pan, make 1 layer of Graham Crackers
·         When pudding is cooled, mix with whip cream (but reserve about ¼ whip cream)
·         Spread ½ of mixture over graham cracker layer
·         Spread ½ of the cherries as the 3rd layer
·         Make another layer of the pudding/whip cream
·         Final layer is cherries.
·         Crunch up a few graham crackers and sprinkle on the top
·         Top with a dollop of whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment