Monday, September 3, 2012

Hummus

          Today I was in the mood for Hummus. If you have never tried hummus, you are truly missing out on a great experience. I know what you are thinking, that the texture looks awful and that the idea of eating mashed up chickpeas is repulsive. Well, don’t knock it till you try it.
          My recipe for hummus is super easy, and it tastes wonderful.  It is just your simple garlic flavored hummus. No fancy red peppers here! Maybe next time I will give that a shot.
          Anyway, here is the recipe. Enjoy! Oh, and by the way….looking ahead, expect to see some White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Popcorn! Mmmmmm. Come back soon!

Erika’s Garlic Hummus:
All the ingredients you will need
 INGREDIENTS
·         1 TBS Olive Oil
·         1 Can Garbanzo Beans  (or Chickpeas)
·         ½ Lemon or about 1 TBS lemon juice
·         1 clove garlic
·         ½ tsp Salt 
Garbonzo beans in the blender. I think I am getting better with
the camera.

The finished product.

 
DIRECTIONS
·         Blend everything together in either a blender or a food processor. Chill for 30 minutes or more before serving. Serve with pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment