Monday, September 24, 2012

Gooey Butter Cake (St. Louis Style)

          Who doesn’t like Gooey Butter Cake? Nobody, that’s who. Well, being from St. Louis (birthplace of the Gooey Butter Cake), I feel that I am a good judge on what is tasty and what just doesn’t quite cut it. This recipe that I found over here is absolutely to die for. If you are from St. Louis, or maybe if you are a Gooey Butter connoisseur, you will be able to attest after the first bite that this is the best Gooey Butter Cake you have ever and will ever taste.

Tell your taste buds to get ready, because they are about to be “wowed”.
I must say, my photography skills are getting quite good :)
·         Easiness---10---When it comes to cake, there really isn’t any recipe easier than this.
·         Yumminess---10---I don’t even think I need to explain how perfect this cake is, but I will do it for you, my reader. It has a perfectly crispy, but not hard, crust, and the gooey part is the perfect amount of goo.  Sometimes, Gooey Butter Cakes are easy to make too dry or too mushy, but that is absolutely not possible with this one.
·         Repeat---10---This is the 4th time I have made this. My dad took my carrot cupcakes and my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins to work with him for his coworkers to try, and they loved them.  So, he told them, “Wait until you try her Gooey Butter Cake”.  That’s what brought about the old Gooey Butter this time around at least J

          Oh, and if you haven’t noticed….this recipe scored a 10/10 on each category, so they MUST be a winner! Just a tip, making this the day before makes it even more perfect (as if that is possible!).

INGREDIENTS
·         1 box yellow cake mix
·         3 large eggs
·         1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
·         2 cups powdered sugar
·         8 oz. cream cheese (softened)

DIRECTIONS
·         Preheat oven to 325°
·         Combine, Cake mix, 1 egg and melted margarine or butter.
·         Press into a greased 9×13 pan with your fingers
·         Blend, cream cheese, 2 beaten eggs, and powdered sugar until smooth.
·         Spread over first batter.
·         Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until edges are brown.
·         Dust with powdered sugar on top after cake has cooled

No comments:

Post a Comment