Monday, September 24, 2012

Cheese Crisps

          You know how sometimes you just don’t want to cook? Or maybe it’s one of those days when you hardly have anything in the fridge or pantry? Well, in my house, those types of days call for Cheese Crisps! I had these for the first time when I was on vacation with my parents and two of their friends (They let me tag along as 5th wheel for my high school graduation present). When we arrived to the condo, my mom’s friend told us she was going to make Cheese Crisps. What?
          First of all, I hate cheese. Well, cold cheese. And nacho cheese. And feta. Ok, basically I only like cream cheese, melted cheese, cheeseburgers and pizza.  Well, the cheese crisps were the easiest thing to make, and you literally just dip them in sour cream, guacamole, and salsa and you have a meal (or a very scrumptious snack).
·         Easiness---10---Super easy to make, literally just a tortilla, some cheese and an oven. I guess you could add some other ingredients to it, such as peppers or salsa, but that would take away the simplicity of it.
·         Yumminess---8---Not your 5 star gourmet meal, but definitely a yummy snack or meal when you are just having one of those days…or maybe just when you want an excuse not to cook!
·         Repeat---10---I make them all the time!

INGREDIENTS
·         Soft Tortilla Shells
·         Cheddar or Mexican Cheese (Fat Free Cheddar in the picture)
·         Sour Cream, Salsa and Guacomole for dippin’
DIRECTIONS
·         Preheat oven to 350°
·         Spread parchment paper or foil on baking sheet
·         Spray with Pam
·         Lay out tortillas
·         Spread desired amount of cheese over tortilla
·         Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are crispy (hence, the name Cheese Crisps)

No comments:

Post a Comment