Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino

          Today was a bad day. Not terrible, just disappointing. Yesterday I made a cake in the hopes of turning it into cake pops today.  I read in a magazine that the best way to make cake pops is to make a sheet cake, then mix in icing, roll them into balls, freeze them, stick in the pop stick, then dip in candy melts. Now THAT is funny. Not only were my cake balls a sticky, gooey mess, but I couldn’t get the sticks to stay in. Here is the best part, as I am trying to dip them into the melted chocolate/candy stuff, they fall off the stick and fall apart in the pot. That being said, I will not be posting the recipe OR pictures….not that I took any.
          Before this whole fiasco, I wanted to try a recipe I found on Pinterest. I love anything Fall flavored, such as Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. I also love anything that promises to be healthier, yet taste just as good as the original. So, I thought I would give this recipe a try. I found the original recipe at this blog, but I didn't follow her recipe exactly since I do not like coconut milk/almond milk or Stevia. 
          It was good, but I wasn't in love with it. The coffee was just a bit too overpowering for me and it wasn't sweet enough. Of course, I do think some people might really like how it tastes, but I think I am just too used to the original. Even though it didn’t taste how I wanted, it sure does look pretty, don’t you think? J
  • Yumminess---6---Again, I think I am just completely used to the original from Starbucks. Or maybe it would have tasted better if I hadn't used skim milk and regular sugar.
  • Easiness---10---Can't get much easier than throwing everything in a blender.
  • Repeat---5---I think I would prefer just buying the original at Starbucks and pay the $5. I am just not talented enough to try to re-do what is already perfect.
          To make up for this crappy baking/blending experience, I am going to make my Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate and Orange Frosting. OMG. Get excited!

PUMPKIN SPICE FRAPPUCCINO
Servings: 1

INGREDIENTS
·          1 ½ cups frozen coffee (I froze mine in an ice cube tray the day before)
·         2 TBS pumpkin pie filling
·         ½ tsp Vanilla extract
·         ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
·         1 tsp sugar
·         ½ cup milk (any type)
·         Whipped Cream
·         1 dash cinnamon
DIRECTIONS
·         Blend together coffee, pumpkin pie filling, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and milk.
·         Top with Whipped cream and cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment