Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn

            There really is absolutely nothing better than the heavenly combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Except maybe the combination of white chocolate, dark chocolate and peanut butter. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn!!!
            Now, I am not usually a popcorn fan. The kernels get stuck in my teeth, and it just doesn’t seem to be work it unless I am sitting in a movie theatre and we have somehow received a free popcorn from our rewards card (because, as you know, popcorn is $358 at the theatre. No exaggeration there). However, a while ago I had some gourmet popcorn and it was drizzled with peanut butter and milk chocolate. Well, I decided to outdo the gourmet popcorn company and bump it up to dark chocolate and include some white chocolate as well. It was easily one of the best ideas I have ever had.
·         Easiness---6---The white chocolate is a pain in the butt to melt. Especially since my oven/stove is broken, so I couldn’t create a double boiler. The dark chocolate and peanut butter were easy to melt though, so I persevered.
·         Yumminess---8---Next time, I am going to make sure I use chocolate and peanut butter, just because you can never have too much.
·         Repeat---10---ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Doesn't it look mouth-watering???
 
 INGREDIENTS
·         1 bag popcorn (I would suggest not getting anything overly buttered or salted)
·         1/3 cup peanut butter
·         ½ cup white chocolate chips
·         ½ cup dark chocolate chips
 
DIRECTIONS
·         Pop the popcorn and spread out on a baking sheet covered in foil or parchment paper.
·         Melt the peanut butter, and then put melted peanut butter in a plastic baggie.  Cut the tip off one corner of the baggie to make it easy to drizzle.  Drizzle peanut butter over the popcorn.
Peanut butter in the plastic bag
·         Repeat second step with white chocolate and then dark chocolate.
·         Allow to sit for about 30 minutes for the peanut butter and chocolates to harden.  I might even suggest placing it in the refrigerator for a little bit, but I am not sure if that would make the actual popcorn soggy or not.
·         ENJOY!
 
Obviously I was pretty happy about my popcorn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment