Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Reese's Rice Krispies

          Obviously, there is no better combination other than peanut butter and chocolate. So, it is obvious that a good dessert choice would be Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies. You can pick you jaw up off the floor now. Yes, I mixed delicious Reese’s with some peanut butter, marshmallows and rice krispies, and have this delicious dessert to share with you. Unfortunately, I can’t claim the recipe. I found the original here, and the only thing I really changed was to omit the Karo syrup (ewww…).



·         Yumminess---100---Yes, 100. This is absolutely fantastic. I can’t even tell you how many times I have made it since finding it through Pinterest. It is the dessert my boyfriend asks for any time I ask him what he would like me to make next.
·         Easiness---7---I am not a big fan of the process of making rice krispies, just because the marshmallow gets so sticky and is annoying to clean. Also, these require a lot of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, so that requires a lot of unwrapping…and lots of trash!
·         Repeat---10---This seems obvious, as I have already told you I make them all the time.
INGREDIENTS
·         6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies
·         1 bag 10oz mini marshmallows
·         2/3 cup peanut butter
·         5 TBS butter
·         16-18 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (chopped)
·         ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
·         Measure 6 cups of Cocoa Rice Krispies into a large bowl
·         Chop 16 Peanut butter cups and mix into the rice krispies
·         Melt butter over medium heat
·         Add marshmallows to the pot of butter
·         Continuously stir the marshmallows.  When they are melted completely add 1/3 cup peanut butter and stir
·         Mix the marshmallow/peanut butter mixture into the rice krispies
·         Spray a 9x13” pan with Pam and press the rice krispies into it
·         Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over the rice krispies
·         Do the same with the remaining 1/3 cup peanut butter, chop 2-4 more peanut butter cups and sprinkle over the top.
·         Let sit for at least 1 hour to cool
·         ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment