Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake

         Ok, so it comes as no surprise that I love fall. I mean, I LOVE it. I love the colors, tastes and smells that come with it. So, I am no exception to the pumpkin craze that seems to be going on this season. I decided to try my hand at a new recipe (created by yours truly) to feed my pumpkin craving. I actually made this recipe for my own birthday celebration (along with an apple pie and regular gooey butter cake).  PUMPKIN GOOEY BUTTER CAKE.
          I know that gooey butter cake originated in St. Louis, but that doesn’t mean the rest of the world shouldn’t get to enjoy it! This pumpkin recipe is basically just an adaptation to the gooey butter cake recipe I posted a few posts ago.
·         Yumminess---10---This is AMAZING. I honestly have no other words to describe it.
·         Easiness---10---So simple to make. It is just as easy as the last gooey butter recipe.
·         Repeat---10---Absolutely! Next fall…ok maybe next week ;)
INGREDIENTS
·         1 box yellow cake mix
·         3 large eggs
·         1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
·         2 cups powdered sugar
·         8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
·         6 Tbs pumpkin puree
·         1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
DIRECTIONS
·         Preheat oven to 325°
·         Combine, Cake mix, 1 egg, 4 Tbs pumpkin puree, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and melted butter.
·         Press into a greased 9×13 pan with your fingers
·         Blend, cream cheese, 2 beaten eggs, remaining 2 Tbs pumpkin puree, ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, and powdered sugar until smooth.
·         Spread over first batter.
·         Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until edges are brown.
·         Dust with powdered sugar on top after cake has cooled

No comments:

Post a Comment