Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Italian Chicken in the Crockpot

          I know it has been a while since I have written, but don’t worry, I haven’t stopped cooking/baking! My new job has been keeping me busy, so I haven’t really felt like sitting down to actually post the recipes I have been making. Well, get ready, because I have a lot!
          The first recipe I would like to share with you today is Italian Chicken in the Crockpot. This actually turned out quite good, even though I was scared of the cream of chicken soup (I have heard weird things about it).
All the ingredients you will need. SOOOOO easy

·         Yumminess---7---It was a little bit too salty for me, which I attribute to the cream of chicken soup. If you can find a low sodium version, I would suggest using that instead. On the other hand, it might just be me, because my family raved over it!
·         Easiness---10---Doesn’t really get much easier than a crockpot, and there are so few ingredients!
·         Repeat---10---I will definitely make this again, but hopefully with a low sodium version of the cream of chicken.
INGREDIENTS
To feed 6-8 people
·         1 bag of noodles (I like the spiral ones, but you could also use bowtie)
·         2 packets Italian Dressing Mix (1 original and 1 zesty)
·         1 8oz Cream Cheese
·         2-3 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
·         6 chicken breasts
DIRECTIONS
·         Put everything in the crockpot (except the noodles), and cook on low for at least 4 hours (more than 4 won’t hurt it)
·         After about 4 hours of cooking, shred the chicken. It should fall apart pretty easily.
·         When you are ready to eat, cook your noodles as you normally would. Then, you can either add all of the noodles to the crockpot, or simply let everyone choose how much of the Italian chicken they want on top of the noodles.
·         If it is too thick, add about ¼  cup of water at a time until it is the right consistency.
 
I think this is a great consistency.

Serve with garlic bread
 

No comments:

Post a Comment