Sunday, October 14, 2012

BBQ Chicken Dip

          Ok, with the World Series coming up, you should all know that I am a Cardinals fan. Ok, and when I say I am a fan, I actually mean that I am from St. Louis so I am obligated to love baseball, even though I am really not a big sports fan at all. I actually just like an excuse to make food and get together with family! I do enjoy a good playoff game though, so in the spirit of Cardinals Baseball (Yes, I am hoping for 12 in 12!!!!) I bring you BBQ Chicken Dip! This is for you die-hard sports fans who need a new addition to their already long list of game day food! It is actually made pretty much the same as buffalo chicken dip, but with bbq sauce instead of buffalo sauce. Easy Peasy!
          Disclaimer: The only interest I have in who wins the World Series is because I have a bet with my boyfriend. On day 1 of this baseball season I bet him that the Cardinals would win it again this year. He, on the other hand, went against our hometown team and said that the Yankees would win. If I win the bet we get to go to Red Lobster for dinner and see whatever movie I want (which will be Breaking Dawn: Part 2…even though he doesn’t know that yet! Shhh.) and if he wins we will go to Frankie G’s, our favorite St. Louis restaurant, and see whatever movie he wants!

·         Yumminess---8---I put a little bit too much bbq sauce in mine, but it was still awesome!
·         Easiness---10---Couldn’t get much easier than this recipe.
·         Repeat---10---I will be making this again soon!
INGREDIENTS
·         1 can of chicken
·         1 8oz package cream cheese
·         2/3 cup of ranch
·         2/3 cup bbq sauce (I ended up using about 1 cup)
·         1 ½ cups or more cheddar cheese
·         1 TBS brown sugar
DIRECTIONS
·         In a medium pot over medium heat, add 1 can of chicken and cream cheese.
·         Add the ranch and bbq sauce. Stir continuously.
·         Once everything is melted together, add the brown sugar and the cheddar cheese.
·         Transfer to a glad pan (8x8) and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
·         Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted on the top.
·         Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment