Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Peach Cobbler in the Crockpot

          Remember how I was on a crock pot kick? Well, as I told you, I made peach cobbler the other night.  It was a shot in the dark when I searched “crock pot desserts” yesterday, but I easily found an array of recipes to choose from.  I love peaches, and I knew we had the frozen peaches that this recipe called for, so this was an easy choice.  My next crock pot recipe will be something with lots and lots of chocolate.
            The cobbler only takes about 3 hours to cook, and it tastes like it was made in the oven. It was absolutely fantastic. I wish I hadn’t overeaten all the Mexican food or else I would have chowed down on the cobbler some more.
            You can find the original recipe at food.com

·         Easiness---8---The instructions from the original recipe were a bit confusing, because I didn’t know if all the ingredients were supposed to be mixed or layered.  I ended up mixing them, and I am very glad I did, because everything was evenly distributed.
·         Yumminess---7---This was good, but I think it should have cooked a bit longer. It was a little bit doughy, which I know some people like. Not me.  There is a fine line between moist and doughy, and I prefer moist.  I also felt that it could have used some sugar as well. When I make it again I will be sure to add about ¼ cup of granulated sugar.  I also wish I had used more peaches than the recipe called for.
·         Repeat---7---I really enjoyed this dessert, and I think it could be easily done with other fruits as well.  My next attempt will be with blackberries. Stay tuned!


Not a great picture, but I try my hardest :)

Here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
·         2 cups frozen peaches, sliced (I recommend using at least 3)
·         1 tablespoon cornstarch
·         1/2 teaspoon vanilla
·         1/4 cup brown sugar
·         1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
·         ½ Box of Vanilla Cake Mix (9 oz. total)
·         4 tablespoons melted butter
·         (I would consider adding ¼ cup granulated sugar)

DIRECTIONS:
·         Lightly grease or spray (Pam) a crock pot.
·         Place peaches in the bottom, sprinkle with cornstarch and stir.
·         Add vanilla and brown sugar (and granulated sugar if desired), then stir.
·         Next, add cinnamon and cake mix, then stir.
·         Drizzle the melted butter then stir.
·         Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 ½ hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment