Monday, August 27, 2012

Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken


          Not sure if I mentioned this, but our oven is broken. At first, I thought this would be an absolute tragedy, but then I realized that I had three crock pots sitting politely in the pantry waiting for their turn.  Well, dear crock pots, it is now your time to shine!
          I went a little crazy with cooking Mexican food today.  I think I even started speaking fluent Spanish for a little while.  The list includes: Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken, Mexican Corn Dip, Sweet Corn Tomatillo, and for dessert….drum roll please….Peach Cobbler in the Crock Pot. I know, sounds delicious right?
          The first recipe, Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken, I found through Pinterest.  The original recipe can be found here, but I changed it up a little bit so I rewrote it for my blog.  It was so simple to make, much like any crock pot recipe, in that you literally put everything in the crock pot and turn it on, and then it works its magic.  The name of this recipe doesn’t exactly do it justice, because it is definitely a Mexican dish, but I will stick with the original name.  My family loves Mexican food, so this was perfect for us, as was the Mexican Corn Dip and Sweet Corn Tomatillo.
 
 
Here are all the ingredients, plus taco seasoning (not pictured)
 
Here is everything in the crock pot.
  
·        Easiness---10---I had everything I needed, so all I needed to do was throw it all in the crock pot and let it cook for about 6-8 hours.
·        Yumminess---8---I wish it was a little bit spicier. Next time I will get the HOT Rotel instead of ORIGINAL.
·        Repeat---10---Absolutely! This will be the new regular dish when we make Mexican food.

Here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
·        4-6 Chicken Breasts (I used 6)
·        1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
·        *1 can Rotel Original (drained)
·        1 8oz package Cream Cheese (I think 1/3 Less Fat would be OK)
·        1 can Corn or 1 ½ cups frozen corn
·        1 packet Taco Seasoning (or to taste)
·        1 ½ cups Cheddar or Mexican Cheese

DIRECTIONS:
·        Put all ingredients except cheese in the crock pot. DO NOT ADD WATER.
·        1 hour before serving add cheese.
·        Season with Taco Seasoning as desired.
 
*I will also use HOT Rotel instead of ORIGINAL
 
 



 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment