Friday, August 24, 2012

Pesto Pesto Pesto


          Thanks everyone for reading my blog! Blogger lets you view your blog’s stats, and all in the last 15 hours or so I went from 36 to 163 views! That is so great! I guess it means that my writing and recipes aren’t all that bad.
          Here is my first original recipe that you get to see! Of course, some of the credit must be given to my mom as well! Last night we were on a Pesto Kick. Our family LOVES pesto, and by “my family” I mean myself and my mom.  It doesn’t really matter what everyone else likes….speaking of which “everyone else” includes my dad, sister (age 19 and away at college), 2 brothers (age 16 and 13), and my grandma and grandpa who live with us.
          Back to the pesto… my mom got an idea from a magazine to make some sort of pesto chicken, but then completely ignored the recipe. She decided to make it in the crockpot, which made it incredibly tender and yummy. The other half of the recipe was Pesto Pasta made by me, all from my imagination, which also turned out super yummy. 
         
The only note we had on this recipe is that, while they were both equally delicious, they would have been better served separately.  The chicken was water and wine based while the pasta was cream based.  Basically, we think they each need to be the star of their own show. But, it’s totally up to you how you would eat it.
This is the Pesto Chicken about 2 hours before being served.
 
I almost forgot to get a picture of the patsa, so that's
why it is almost gone!
My rating for the entire recipe is:

·         Easiness---9---Crockpot recipes are great, because you get to cook all day without actually being there. Also, it was easy because we literally had every ingredient we needed.
·         Yumminess---7---Together, they get a lower score, but separate I would give them both a 9.
·         Repeat---8---I will probably make each again, but not together. I will make the chicken to serve with white or brown rice, and the pasta with some sort of parmesan crusted chicken.
Here is the chicken recipe:
INGREDIENTS

·         ½ Cup white wine
·         2 Cups (or less) water
·         1 Tbs Chicken Bouillon
·         ¼ C Pesto (prepared, could use more if desired)
·         Salt
·         Corn Starch to thicken (as desired)
·         2 lemons (squeezed or sliced)
·         4-6 Chicken Breasts

DIRECTIONS

·         Using a crock pot, add the white wine, water, and chicken bouillon.
·         Stir in the chicken bouillon then add the pesto and chicken breasts.
·         Allow to cook for up to 8 hours. 
·         One hour before serving, add salt, corn starch, and lemons (squeezed).
·         Serve with Pesto Pasta or possibly white or brown rice.

Here is the pasta recipe:
INGREDIENS

·         ¾ Cup of Half n Half
·         ½ Cup of Pesto (prepared)
·         3 dashes of garlic salt
·         1-2 Tbs butter (not necessary)
·         1 Cup (or more) of parmesan
·         1 dash of corn starch (probably not needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment