Monday, August 27, 2012

Mexican Corn Dip

          Here is the next thing I made on Mexican night.  Of course, I found this on Pinterest.  Honestly, Pinterest has to be one of the best inventions ever.  I originally wanted to make this a couple weekends ago when Cameron and I went to an outdoor concert in his sister’s subdivision, but I ran out of time and resorted to guacamole, which is obviously still a good choice.
          This recipe is served cold, which I was a little bit nervous about, as I don’t like cold cheese. YUCK.  However, I can’t even tell the cheese is there, because the flavors brought in by the peppers and Rotel are superb!  I also made it in a low fat version with Light Mayo and Light Sour Cream.  If I had any, I would have used Light Cheddar Cheese as well, but I was all out.
          You can find the original recipe over here at TastyKitchen.  This website has some great recipes that I look forward to trying!

 
·         Easiness---10---All you have to do is put everything in the bowl and mix it all up.
·         Yumminess---7---Really good, but I would make a few changes.  The recipe originally called for 1 cup each of mayo and sour cream, but I think it needs maybe ¾ cup of each instead. Or, because I am not a big fan of Mayonnaise, I would use just sour cream.
·         Repeat---8---Yes! Next time I have to bring a dish to a party I will absolutely bring this.

INGREDIENTS
·         1 can Corn
·         1 cup Cheddar Cheese
·         1 can Rotel Original
·         1 cup (or ¾ cup) Mayo (I used Light)
·         1 cup (or ¾ cup) Sour Cream (I used Light)
·         1 Red Bell Pepper-chopped
·         2 Jalapeños-chopped
·         1 can Chopped Green Chiles
 
Everything you need.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DIRECTIONS
·         Chop red bell pepper and jalapenos and add to a medium size bowl.
·         Measure out the Mayo and Sour Cream and add to the bowl.
·         Stir everything together, then add the corn, Rotel, and chopped green chiles.
·         Stir everything, then add the cheddar cheese last. It is important to add the cheese last, because it could use less/more than the 1 cup.
·         Eat it with tortilla chips!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment