Saturday, August 18, 2012

Welcome


Welcome to my blog. I've never done this before, so please excuse any mistakes or glitches.  My name is Erika, and I am new to the blogging world.  As a recent college graduate I felt it would be good to do something useful with my time when I am not interning or job hunting, and I came to the conclusion that a blog would be quite useful....maybe.
When I started thinking of a topic for my new blog it was easy to decide that it had to be something to do with cooking or baking, both of which I have been doing very often lately thanks to Pinterest.  I am currently obsessed (and yes, I mean obsessed) with Pinterest. In fact, it is my bedtime routine to climb in bed and scroll through Pinterest on my phone before I go to sleep. It’s a problem. However, this problem has resulted in some delicious, and some not so wonderful, recipes and experiences. I don’t find all my recipes on Pinterest, but I definitely find a good amount there.
I’ve had a few kitchen disasters, including Tequila Lime Chicken and Hungarian Pizza. My family won’t let me live those down, even though they happened two years ago.  This is my attempt to redeem myself and learn the ins and outs of the baking/cooking world.
I plan to document my experiences in the kitchen and let you in on any secrets, short cuts, or issues I find with any recipes I might try.  I also love writing, so this will be a good outlet for that.  I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I will enjoy writing it. Feel free to leave a comment when you stop by!
Oh, and if you want to have an idea of who is talking to you, here is a picture of me and my boyfriend.  Yes, I have a terrible tanline.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Erika! I love your blog -- such a cute idea and name! And I can't wait to start trying out some of these awesome recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoy writing it :) I am making a new recipe today in the crock pot, because our oven is broken. I think it should turn out pretty good...Mexican in the Crock Pot! MMmmmmmmm!

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you Erika!!! I still haven't lived down the time I tried to make brownies and wound up with soup -- haha I feel your pain on that one! <3 Trying to email ya but I can't find your email anywhere! Shoot me an email girly! [peasandcrayons@gmail dot com] xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, thanks so much for reading my blog! :) I thought for sure that no one was reading it! It feels good to get a comment haha.

    ReplyDelete