Thursday, November 29, 2012

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie

            Happy late Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and got to spend it with your family and friends.
            I did a whole lot of baking for the holiday, even though I also had to work on Wednesday, Black Friday, Saturday and Sunday (oh, the joys of retail). We celebrated Thanksgiving with my boyfriend’s family and my dad’s side of the family on Thanksgiving and my mom’s side on Sunday. Lucky for you, I made a million pies for the big days, two of which you have already seen on my blog, the White Chocolate Banana Cream and the Creamy Apple Crumb. Now, I have two variations of pumpkin pie to share with you.
            The first is White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake. I have really been on a pumpkin kick this fall, and I am always willing to try a cheesecake. I thought these two married perfectly. I found the original recipe here.

·         Easiness---9---For a cheesecake, this is as easy as it gets (unless you use a box mix, of course).
·         Yumminess---8---It needs more spice in my opinion, but that could just be me.
·         Repeat---10---Next year!!!
INGREDIENTS
·         Make the crust I used in this recipe, bake at the same time as the cheesecake
·         2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
·         1 cup sugar
·         3 eggs, beaten
·         1 tsp vanilla extract
·         5 ounces white chocolate, melted
·         ¾ cup canned pumpkin
·         1 tsp ground cinnamon (could use 2)
·         ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (could use ½)
DIRECTIONS
·         Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, beat on low until combined
·         Add in pumpkin, spices and melted white chocolate. Beat on low until combined.
·         Pour filling into the crust. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, or until center is set.
·         Cool for at least an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment