Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm Back!!

            I bet you thought I gave up, or disappeared, or ate way too much of this delicious food and couldn’t get off the couch in order to write more blog posts for you. Well, kind of. I know it has been almost two months since the last time I wrote, and I am very sorry for that. I believe I told you that I was working for Target a while back. Between work, trying to see my boyfriend more than once per week, and trying to stay in shape I just got so busy that sitting down to write something sounded terrible. That’s clue #1 that something was wrong. I always enjoy writing, food, and writing about food. Clue #2 came with a little work situation that I will not force you to read (just know that it was bad). Clue #3 was when I totaled my car coming home from said work situation on December 21st. Honestly, when my car went out of control I really thought it was time for the much anticipated apocalypse. I was a little disappointed when, instead, I had to get a new car. I got over that quickly though, because I got a beautiful 2011 Jeep Patriot for quite a good deal.
Long story short, that Clue #3 put a lot of things into perspective, and I realized that I was doing something I hated, and I never planned to be in that type of situation. I quit Target the very next day, and I am so happy now.
 I did a lot of soul searching this past semester off school, and I came to the realization that I have been running from my true dream for a very long time, teaching. Ever since I was little, I would think to myself “When I am a teacher…” or “I am going to do something like that with my class”. I am not entirely sure why I never did it, why I changed my mind to becoming a doctor, and then to a psychiatrist, then to an Occupational Therapist, and finally to communications and advertising. I know I was on the path to do something creative, and I think I have finally found it. I am now pursuing my Masters of Teaching at Missouri Baptist University, and I plan to become a middle school English and Literature teacher. I absolutely cannot wait!
Sorry if my little story has bored you, but I thought you might like to know why I haven’t been writing. Don’t worry though; I didn’t stop cooking! J I have quite a few recipes lined up for your pleasure, so get ready! I am so glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment